What is Initiation?
Initiation is a way of accessing a part of our higher self, which is that part of us which is all powerful and connected to the divinity within us – the source of our magickal – our true spiritual self. Initiation can happen quite naturally to a person, through meditation, in dreams, through a master or guide (astral or physical). There can be several initiations.
In this note I am talking of a Wiccan Initiation specifically pertaining to the Global Wicca Tradition. The way we work here can be quite different from other religious, spiritual groups or traditions and it is advised that you read through the pages of www.globalwicca.com to know more about Wicca, Global Wicca Tradition and then go through this note in detail in order to gain clarity on this important topic. You are most welcome to go through the photos and videos on the Global Wicca network pages to to get a clearer picture of our initiation ceremonies or better still attend an initiation rite as a guest member of the temple.
Call us Tel 022-65250328 or email email@example.com for more information over and above what is mentioned on our sites and blogs)
If you do not wish to be initatited as a Clergy of the Global Wicca Tradition’s temples you may simply choose to join one of our temples as a member of Global Wicca (presently there is free membership for Online temple and a small fees for the offline temple). More details on www.globalwicca.com
You can also study our courses for the sake of knowledge without choosing to be initiated. Initiation is not mandatory but your choice.
In Global Wicca Tradition, an initiation is an energy transfer that allows a member of a temple access to the inner circle of the Global Wicca Tradition. An initiate gets priviliged membership to the tradition’s Clergy as a recognised priest or priestess authorised to conduct ritual services in the name of / on behalf of the temple (presently Earth Healing Temple or Online Temple of the Global Wicca Traditon). This is an official entry into the priesthood of the tradition as you take up Global Wicca as a serious career for you.
What Can You DO as an Initiate?
The Services page of www.globalwicca.com will tell you what all rituals and services initiates are authorised to perform in the name of the Global Wicca Tradition and under the aegis of the Earth Healing Temple. Clergy may charge a reasonable fees for the ritual services they perform and make a small contribution to the temple fund out of the same. This is applicable to the rituals you conduct for the Earth Healing Temple and not for any other services you perfom. Please make a distinction between your personal services and the services you perform as a Clergy member of Global Wicca and Earth Healing Temple and of course accurately report the same.
We can also offer group ritual service to those members of public who need our help and stronger group energy for healing or any 0ther ritual.
Clergy is respected and rewarded for their energy and services as much as possible. There will always be a reasonable energy exchange that benefits us mutually if you should conduct any kind of service through us so that no clergy member is drained out. You will never be asked to conduct free rituals, mentor our students for free or to donate to us unless it benefits you and the tradition clearly except if it is a one-off promotional or educational work that you and the tradition agree to perform together.
You will need to study directly under the Temple head Rev. Swati Prakash (Lady Astra Wishkap) or another authorised third degree Clergy member / temple head of the tradition and complete the course requirements as mentioned in the site http://www.globalwicca.com Join Us page.
The first year’s temple joining fees is waived off at present for all initiates who have complete the full course applicable for first degree.
Every tradition has their own way of teaching and first degree of Global Wicca includes a lot of higher level skills of Energy Work (Three degrees of Reiki, Past Life Therapy, Wand work and Thoughtforms being just the first few topics in course one of the first degree). This is why you may need to study our courses thoroughly if you want to be recognised as first degree in our tradition and doing a first degree Wicca course from another source may not be sufficient on its own. You also need to be tuned into the philosophy and spiritual orientation, beliefs and practices of our tradition which is why studying directly under us is highly recommended and will soon be mandatory.
The study for first degree can be completed in a period of one year and one day during which you must attend at least three rituals conducted by the temples of Global Wicca (Online or Earth Healing). After this you can begin with second and consequently third degree studies.
You can also complete any of our courses through online study (notes,chats, online rituals are made available to online students)
For a short duration our temple is at present offering initations to those students of First Degree Wicca who have completed their studies through witchschool or other noteworthy source. You will in this case have to pay the temple joining fees and submit all certificates and documentation as well as a no objection letter or recommendation from your mentor or teacher. You may have to undergo an interview so that we can access your readiness as a professional who can conducts our rituals and services. You may be asked to complete certain topics or courses through us if required.You must for this have attanded and participated in at least three rituals onlne or offline conducted by our temples so that you are well versed with our rituals and are prepared on how to perform the same yourself.
Forms, Certificates, ID cards:
All candidates who wish to be initiated may please submit duly filled and signed forms, two recent passport sized photographs and a valid legally accepted ID card and address proof so that you can be given a certificate and membership card.
All initates are presented embellished stoles with patches and must wear the same to every ritual. It is preferred that you wear a robe to the ceremonies (a simple black robe of a comfortable fabric with or without hood is the norm). You may get these stiched, made to order or purchased readymade (recommendations available).
SOME DOS AND DON’TS
- Please do bring your own wands to the rituals, wear your robes and vestments, carry your IDs.
– Please refer to your magickal name given during your initiation in our circle and rituals and address other members of Clergy with their magickal name.
– Please do volunteer often to perform part or whole of the ritual ceremony as temple Clergy for your own practice and for the benefit of other members as well. Please do this under the aegis of our tradition and distinguish it from any other personal ritual or service.
– Please do volunteer to organise events, venues, causes, drives and take other leading roles in the temple under the temple’s name that you belong to.
– Please do volunteer to raise awareness about our temples (Onlne Temple, Earth Healing Temple) and tradition and to bring more members into our circles.
– Please do promote the tradition and temples actively as we need all your support so as to grow bigger and to be able to offer more services to the public as a recognised coherent group. We also wish to expalnd our physical location and to create a larger Wiccan temple for which we need space and support.
– Please do wait till you go further in your course and gain third degree status so that you can begin and head a new temple and conduct courses, rituals etc in the name of our Tradition in your area or location or online.
– Please do ask for help in your career in the Wiccan path. The Tradition head can guide you on how to set up your professional services and our businesses can agree to offer you bulk discounts on products, wholesale orders and offer you supplier opportunities if you wish to sell your own products or services through our stores. We can also offer you franchise opportunities (through our brand Magick) if you wish to set up store and many other resources to set up your career or business so that we can grow together.
– Please do adhere to the ethics and norms of rituals, services, ceremonies as set by the tradition
Please Do Not:
– Please do not use this tradition, group or events as a platform to further your services, own groups, networks and products or by gaining access to and contact with our members. (If you wish to copromote or advertise here please send an official proposal)
– Pleae do not attempt to use your degree or Clergy status to make false claims or to offer services or rituals that you are not yet competent to offer. (Any member of the public can always come to our website and find out the list of services you are allowed to offer as a first degree and so on.)
– Please do not gossip, spread rumours or negative energy regarding any member, group, temple, person related to the tradition or otherwise. (Keep energy positive). If something needs to be highlighted or reported please do so officially to the authorised leaders so the same can be dealt with in a balanced way.
– Please do not bring your own tools, crytsals, amulets etc. to the ritual to keep on our altar to energise them during our rituals. As a Clergy member you should be able to energise your own products. If you need additional energy for your crystals and tools from the temple head or ritual leader or someone else please perform an energy exchange and request for an energising service or else you will end up draining the ritual’s and circle’s energy which is never good.
– Please do not attempt to copy our original work, notes, ritual patterns, spells, products, store format, phish our members, etc to set up your own network or business ori ndulge in any other unethical or irresponsible behavior. You can always ask for co-promotional, franchise and other opportunities and be a partner if you wish to use our technology. Misusing anyone’s copyrighted work or systems without permission can be seen as a punishable offence.
Let us spread the Light together as One.
Rev. Swati Prakash (Lady Astra)
Head – Global Wicca Traditon