Posts Tagged ‘witchcraft’
Most of us are born into a religion of some sort.
We grow up learning the faith that our fathers and forefathers followed – sadly without being offered much of a choice. Having no choice over your faith is a dangerous thing. Faiths evolve with time. Today we are much wiser than we were yesterday. Faiths must be allowed to transform.
- Some faiths may have so far made people believe in an image or idea of God as an outside force controlling your life. This is now changing.
- Some faiths may have been unscientific – they opposed any latest discovery – insisted that the stories of world creation and genesis as written in their texts is the final and literal truth. They promoted blind and sometimes wildly hilarious beliefs (or in other words – superstitions) about immaculate conceptions or woman born out of a male rib. They basically disregarded nature and natural laws entirely, holding divine to be something above nature and beyond laws of nature. What could be further from the scientific truth! Today we see that science is being respected and no longer taken as enemy of faith.
- Some faiths made people follow and worship a leader whose history can not be traced clearly and who could be just another mythical being, just a parallel to an ancient god who had a similar cycle…of birth, death, transformation like The Sun gods…yet promoted as a factual person by the faith leaders and textbook writers of that faith. They insisted the book is historical – it may not have been entirely so. People followed all over the world – what may be just another version or parallel of the natural or pagan gods of ancient folklores all over the world. We are now opening to that possibility.
- Some faiths make you believe that sexuality is sinful and virginity is divine. No longer does the modern human need such dogma.
- Some faiths blatantly discriminated against women – gave them no opportunity to hold religious leadership in their institutions. Their role in the religions they followed was subservient to that of the male clergy. Only a male held the highest ran. No reason why – but it was the tradition in these medieval faiths. Change is the need of the hour.
- Some faiths were downright oppressive to women, not even having them choose what to wear. For instance an athlete who had to wear shorts was made to feel ashamed just because she is a female and has to hide or cover her body in their religion. Women still chose to follow such faiths – mentally brainwashed for centuries. This cannot go on forever. One day women are sure to come out of their self imposed chains. It could be now.
- Some faiths may have promoted – directly or indirecly – anger and violence against those who are not part of your religion – by way of inquisitions, mass witch hunting, stripping, abuse, burning or drowning of those who refused to follow the male dominated faith. These burnt and murdered people may have done no harm, yet accused wrongly of conspiring with the devil. Ironically the devil was never even worshiped by pagans, witches or people of the old faiths. Pagans believed in personified images of nature – both the yin and the yang, dark and light, male and female depictions of nature as coexisting without any contradictions. Mass murders in the name of faith were still done and misinformation was spread widely putting witches into disrepute in the dark dark ages of untruth – Who was the real ‘devil’ here is anyone’s guess.
- Some faiths may have preached intolerance, hate or destruction against those who are non-followers, eg , religious wars or crusades to convert people, destruction of ancient pagan temples and relics and building of churches an mosques in their place – stealing the sacred places of ancient power – especially where ley-lines or energy grids of earth converged. Placing saints and angels in place of ancient pagan gods and goddess of similar names and magical powers. Borrowing ancient nature based customs and disguising them as the festivals of their faith – trees and eggs decorated meaninglessly without any reference to ancient spirituality anymore being one of the proofs today of the hidden undercurrents of paganism oppressed but not discarded to make the medieval faith more palatable to the ancient folks who were converted to the medieval monotheistic faith.
- IRONICALLY – these faiths were the first ones to spread malicious stories about witches being bad ugly women with warts eating children up!
This is something that had absolutely no rational basis but was just negative fairy tale imagery being taught to children….. why? – to make them closed or blocked to their rational wisdom and the natural magickal witch/ wiz power that is within them – but sadly inactive for life. So that kids so far remained dull in their intuition and grew up to be mere followers of medieval oppressive faiths with no imagination or magickal power.
The dark ages of ignorance are hereby over.
Now it is my duty and privilege to inform you about WICCA
- A modern religion that believes that we are the creators of our destiny – through our karma (physical or mental action) we create our futures. We are magickal in every way and no outside force is controlling us (at least not without our latent approval). We have complete indisputable power over our life. We are Witches or Wizards – wise folk who know how to follow the right karma and create the right destiny as per the laws of nature and the code of ethics (harm none – for what you do comes back to you).
- A rational and scientific religion – that believes in nature – visible, observable natural phenomena (even the hidden parts of nature are valid scientific phenomena and can be energetically explained and observed in Wicca as vibrations that are sometimes not discernible to the five limited human senses but can be read by the extended sensory perceptions of E.S.P. or intuition AND by higher level science which is being developed today). Celebrating equinoxes and solstices and moon phases as cycles of nature – with symbolic references to myths and mythologies, instead of celebration based of assumed life, death and struggles of some person questionable as true history. Celebrating harvests and seasonal changes in nature. Knowing that all myths and mythologies, all gods and goddess are essentially symbolic in depicting natural cycles. That basis of all faiths is ultimately nature and its personification in the form of deities all over the world today and throughout history – this is a fact.
- Wicca is one religion in which you are not asked to blindly follow any book or sacred text or any idea of a historical or mythical person. You are not even asked to follow a past leader of Wiccan faith – without properly reasoning, questioning and understanding everything you choose to believe in.
- A faith that celebrates our bodies, our physicality, our sexuality as equally sacred as our spirit. After all through physical existence the spirit rejoices and experiences life.
- A religion where a woman can hold the HIGHEST position in the religious institutions. Have you ever seen a High Priestess in the popular medieval religions that have so far had maximum following all over the world? Perhaps not. Here in Wicca a woman is given that respect – owing to her wisdom, the way she can guide, teach, help others in their spiritual understanding and their daily lives – as an Oracle, a teacher of the mysteries, a channel. A man can be a High Priest in Wicca too. Both genders can share the highest honor and head Wiccan temples or institutions.
- A religion in which female versions of higher self or goddess forms are equally sacred as male versions of god. There are no special do’s and don’ts exclusively for women and they are allowed respect as human beings – no matter what they wear – without taboos. In Wicca a woman will be respected even naked – as a sacred goddess and not made to feel ashamed. After all no other specie in the world is ashamed of the body or regards body as just a sexual object. Those who harm, abuse, rape women are the ones who are wrong – not the woman who has as much right as a man to dress as she pleases.
- Wicca is a faith in which you are first taught to take the Wiccan Oath – follow the Rede or code of ethics – “harm none – do as ye will”. Have you ever seen such a positive and straightforward guideline of conduct preached in any other religion – possibly not. They may have an incomplete list of sorts – …Do not lie, Do not commit adultery and so on…but not the simple fact – harm none…which covers everything. Basically this is the only faith that tells you to uphold only the purest intentions – not just through physical acts but mentally also – you are taught to not wish anyone ill. This is a magickal religion that recognized that karma is also inner or mental and not just a physical one. Where else can you find this level of ETHICS except in Wiccan faith!
- The Wiccan faith is not against any other faith. We are just happy to be. Every faith has the right to exist – but everyone MUST have the right to choose their faith. Imagine people not having the right to choose what they believe – having no control over their own minds. Wicca does not and shall not promote mind-control. People must awaken and be self-realized and self-enlightened. That is why in Wicca we have meditation and spells – not just blind prayers made to some external power believed to be able to help you. We know ourselves as the universe. We are creators. We manifest ourselves – our inner power creates outer world. We believe in Magick.
We can see that right now people are all awakening, arising and opening their eyes…to the Divine Truth within themselves. And that is why the time for Wicca is NOW!
You have and deserve to have a choice of what to believe in.
If you are an enlightened master, you have found the faith that resonates with you – Wicca is yours.
As enlightenment spreads more and more people are accepting the faith of Wicca – where all paths and religions melt and fuse as one and where all universal faiths are converging today as one global, rational, honest and truly spiritual sacred system, with harm to none – SO MOTE IT BE!
Please spread this message and enlighten the world!
Rev. Swati Prakash
High Priestess and Tradition Head
(You are free to distribute this article or this link in its entirety in the correct context without mutilating it and without cutting away the reference to the author and website)
Christmas Trees, Holly and Mistletoe, Santa….Everyone celebrates Christmas with these, but few realise the true and ancient significance behind their celebrations.
Ever wondered why this season is so Magickal and why wishes are fulfilled now more than ever?
At Global Wicca Tradition we are celebrating this season as YULE.
Yule is the Winter Solstice (peak of winter), when night is longest and day shortest. Celebrated in end of December each year it represents the symbolic death and re-birth of Sun (as days will grow longer again soon after).
Wicca is a modern religion based on pagan (ancient) nature worship. Wiccan magick is based on the invocation of ancient nature powers (gods and goddesses) that form the basis of all modern religious beliefs.
Tree worship by decorating evergreens is also part of ancient pagan ritual kept alive in the modern world. Evergreens – Fir, Holly and Mistletoe all are symbols of eternal life. This is the real reason why you decorate a Christmas Tree and use these symbols.
Its time people understood the true symbolism and significance of Yule as it helps us return to nature and eco-friendly life.
The Old God of Winter (symbolised by an old bearded man) dies and is born as young again. He brings joyful tidings of Yule to one and all and is the Wiccan or ancient equivalent of both Santa (old god) and Christ (newborn sun).
While God represents the Yang (masculine) external or visible aspect of divinity the Goddess is the Yin (feminine) inner hidden aspect of Divine – she is the Divine Energy (Shakti) one who gives birth to God or consciousness (Shiva). All mythology… of Vishnu, Osiris, Christ, whether Greek, Egyptian, Hindu or of any religion….all has roots in this ancent pagan and scientific Truth – that energy and consciousness (also called goddess and god) are the creators of the universe.
Yule represents the return of light in darkness or the rebirth of consciousness. As we approach 2012 we are approaching a moment of great spiritual awakening in the world which is the theme of this year’s Yule celebration.
As Yule stands for re-activation of consciousness, it is also a time for wish fulfillment and magick spells (spells are scientific – energy based formulae to activate our inner god and goddess power to manifest our highest good). Your consciousness when awakened will help you learn how to work with Energy – the vibrations that compose every atom and subatomic particle – the vibrations that constantly create the illusion of solid or material life. You and your entire life and world is all composed of vibrations….and you can craft yourself and your whole world by altering vibrational patterns…this is the science called Witchcraft. Just Know Thyself!
At Magick, country’s first and foremost Wiccan store and temple, we are celebrating Yule as a tribute to 2011 to welcome 2012, a most magickal year. As we lit the Yule log fires this year in our celebrations at the Earth Healing Temple at Magick, Bandra West on 22 Dec, we bid welcome to the rising of the inner witch or wiz (wise one) in everyone.
What You can Do in Yule:
1. Worship a living tree (especially fir and evergreen) by decorating it (to give warmth to the spirits of the tree). Light a candle near the tree and make a wish for earth healing. Visualise a clean, natural, healthy and happy planet.
2. Perform spells (spells are higher vibrational or focused prayers): try a spellkit for a planet, a zodiac or a Wiccan or Tarot spellkit at Magick which ready to use with all ingredients and instructions
3. Work with magickal herbs such as mistletoe, sage and many more herbs available at Magick with instructions
4. Redecorate your home or workspace with crystals and artefacts energised for your 2012 intentions (a wonderful range at Magick all blessed and energised by the High Priesstess)
5. Create a new Book of Shadows and Diary for 2012. Choose from Witches Almanacs and Datebooks for 2012 at Magick
Yule Specials at Magick, Sai Pooja, 16th road Bandra west, Mumbai 400050 include:-
-2012 Witches Spell a Day Almanac
- Fabulous Witches Datebook 2012
- Faerie Wall Calender
- War water, goofers dust,black destroyer, mystic skull, coffin nails, graveyard dirt, coffin charm for your protection from enemies
- Pot of gold, money magnets, lucky pentacles, money spell pendants, Haiitian gamblers oil, million dollar oil, money growing root of life oil, for wealth creation – Marriage oils, Lovers candles, lovers bean, swallows heart, attraction oil, love magick spells for relationship success
- All new gorgeous broomsticks, classy athames, new powerful wands, beautiful quills, parchment paper, dragons blood ink and new book of shadows for practitioners and learners
- New Books on spells, faieries, rituals and Wicca plus Dvds for your education.
- Spellkits – Love, Success, Healing, Fame, Prosperity, Luck, Protection. Transformation, Slimming, Beauty, Friendship, Peace…there is a spell for everything at Magick, just take a ready to use kits for beginners from Magick and start casting spells now.
If you need lessons just enrol for our courses in Divination, Tarot, Healing, Spells, Wicca, Potions, Shamanism, Faeries, Psychic Defense and many many more….
Magick 02265250328 at 16th road, Sai Pooja Building, Near Mini Punajab Restaurant, Bandra West, Mumbai 400050 (visit fm 1130 am to 830 pm).
Blessings for a Very Merry Yule!
Rev. Swati Prakash (High Priestess – Earth Healing Temple of Global Wicca)
What is India talking about today, at breakfast, lunch and dinner, on social media and at office, day and night – Corruption and the fight against it…
Its great that we are being more aware of this illness called corruption.
We have also seen many talks and debates on the Lokpal bill that is supposed to enhance goverment accountability to citizens. Anna Hazare is the hero of the movement to put this bill in force.
Now I am a witch, yes I am indeed. And my ways and methods to tackele corruption are a bit different and should I say WITCHY!!
Let us visualise Corruption as a demon that has possessed India for ages upto now.
Give it a name, a form, a colour, eg: BLACK demon called Baddie.
Now light a candle of the chosen colour after carving the name of the demon in this candle.
So let us assume you now have this black devil candle with the name Baddie carved on it.
You now want to banish this demon of corruption
Light the candle and reflect on what all this symbolises…
What all has this demon made us do? Write it down on a blank paper with black ink (preferably parchment paper with black quill adn bat’s blood ink)
- Elections being rigged
- Cricket matches fixed
- Illegal swiss bank accounts
- Goverment officials being unanswerable
- Politicians ruling the citizens instead of serving them
- Government offices being badly kept, lack of online, telephonic help, no call centres, no service attitude
- HIgh rates of taxes and no justification of the same
- No proper medical facilties, public healthcare, educational institutions provided to taxpayers – extremely poor quality in government facilities
- Reservations, reservations for every seat – ensuring that the meritous candidates are neglected and rejected everywhere – all just to please specific votebank communties
The list I am sure is endless and all citizens will join me in expanding the same…
Wait a minute, its not over
Corruption: Is defined by me as a lack of ethics. I do not see it as something that is only present in governments today. I see this as something plaguing the entire human world, down to the lowest strata of society…each and every individual.
So, also write down what are we all doing that is corrupt – all of us, citizens of India, you and me:
- Citizens enjoying the facility of easy bribe with which they get away with all kinds of illegal activities on a daily basis
- Landlords taking black money as advance before signing rental agreements
- Landlords taking blackmoney every month (undeclared income) in cash
- Leading and reputed builders all over Mumbai openly asking for cash (upto or more than 40 percent of the house price, sometimes amounting to 3 or 4 crores of cash in black being demanded for a typical three BHK flat in Bandra, Mumbai)
- Brokers charging indiscriminately high prices for rent and property sale to up their brokerage and therefore creating a racket that ensures that properly prices go high by 50 percent every year…forever
- Openly cutting trees and chopping off huge parts of trees in the name of ‘pruning’ – BMC approved because some citizen wanted the tree to not obstruct his or her shop
- People putting up ‘fronts’ to show their work and conducting illegal activities at the backyard.
- Pirated DVDs being openly sold at every corner and citizens enjoying this facility
- Telephone and SMS marketing companies easily purchasing client data from employees of various offices even though they are not authorised to part with this data
- Poaching of the clients and contacts of friends and colleagues easily through social networking and through mobile networks
- Employees openly stealing company information and also contacts to build their own independent activities
- Employees doing part time or parallel independent ork while working for their company (even though it is not allowed)
- Students betraying the teachers by circulating the teacher’s course materials to other students without permissions
- CAs, public all bribing tax officers to evade taxes of all kinds instead of finding a legitimate solution to bring taxes down or to rationalise tax structure
- People regularly lying, faking illnesses and avoiding work
- Peopel using office property, telephones, etc for personal use without authorisation
- People taking free houses under slum rehabilition scheme and selling off the same in lakhs and going back to slums
- People stealing other people’s electicity and water supply specially in slums
- IIllegal squatting on public land for construction of slums and illegal houses
- people collecting ‘chanda’ for dahi-handi and ganpati and using it for other purposes
- young citizens carrying banned drugs to parties and pubs regularly without shame
Oh my goddess…another endless list!!
We are so ashamed of our government, but not ashamed of ourselves!!!
Our government and its policies all are reflections of ourself.
Great sages have always said – ‘aham brahmasmi’ – we carry the universe within. Each one of us.
If we have corruption inside then NO government, no bill, act, law, no Anna or Baba, no-one shall be able to be free us from the demon of corruption.
Always remember that which is within you will keep manifesting around you again and again, in some form or another, unless you remove if from within.
Do you first and foremost want to remove the demon of corruption from WITHIN?
Yes…a feeble yes, or a strong YES!!
Now you are ready to complete the spell.
Burn this list in the black candle and burn the candle off as soon as you can. Dispose all ashes and remains deep into earth.
Congratulations you have exorcised the demon of corruption, for now!
Do not invoke it again.
Shall we all look at ourselves in the mirror and say: we are free of corruption now? I hope you do, I just did…
Let me know if you did this spell and how you felt about it.
Be positive. Stay positive.
Lady Astra (Swati Prakash)
@witchyswati on twitter and witchyswati on facebook
Clear your mind and think good thoughts,
Say affirmations, pray a lot,
Practice kindness and compassion,
Live your life with utter passion,
Good intentions guide you through,
And what you believe will come true,
But you will Manifest for sure
When you open up your Psychic Door,
And use the Witch’s Power to,
Deliver what is best for you,
So light a Candle, chant the Words,
Cast the Runes and mix the Herbs,
Brew the Potion with emotion,
Close your eyes and visualise,
Feel the power, free desire,
Earth and Water, Wind and Fire,
Sweep the Broom and wave your Wand,
And manifest the good you want
Thank the Goddess and the God
Learn the secrets of the Craft
For words, thoughts, actions, all work well
But nothing beats a Witch’s Spell
- Swati Prakash (
To register for courses or order your readings and spells visit www.tarotindia.com
Who creates your destiny?
If not you then who?
When was your destiny written?
If not NOW, then when?
Your future is chosen by you, right NOW!
Anything and everything is possible or probable. Those probabilities that you choose – consciously and subconsciously, create your destiny.
So far people were not very aware of how to consciously create their future.
- Are you constantly thinking positive or negative thoughts without any idea of the fact that you are creating your future with them?
- How aware are you of the techniques of how to control your own mind?
- Are you aware of your deep beliefs and notions carried from early childhood and past lives, beleifs that were so strongly set, that you were so far unable to shape or modify them easily?
If yes, then your most probable future has been created very unconsciously by you.
An expert can see or peek into your probable futures based on various tools that connect with your subconscious mind. I call this process ‘energy reading’ and not future reading or prediction, because what we are actually reading is your present energy patterns based on your past conditioning, assuming that you are most likely to manifest the same thing in future as you were so far programmed to manifest.
The accuracy of the reading and therefore the extent to which an expert can peek into your future depends on three things;
a) the experts skills,
b) the extent to which your sub-conscious mind is programmed or conditioned by your past, and
c) your own openness and trust in the process and the reader.
If you are blocked, negative, fearful or un-trusting, it may be difficult for others to help you and you will need more healing to open yourself up.
There is no need to fear a Divination session. Do not say - I don’t wish to see my future, ‘coz what if my reading is a sad one…”
Do not ask, “Will I ever be successful?” or “Will I ever marry?”
Do not worry if you get a reading that is disheartening at first. You have the power to change everything. If you can see it, you can heal it - with the correct guidance and efforts. You are afterall The Creator!
You can heal the patterns of your life. If you make conscious positive choices for your future through spells, affirmations, hypnotherapy, right visualizations and healing techniques, you can alter your energy patterns to change your future or luck. Your energy reading will then be different, as your subconscious mind was reprogrammed as a result of the healing.
The extent to and speed at which a healing session, crystal, herb, spell or any other energy healing technique works for your depends also upon three things:
a) The amount of your negative energy blockage that requires cleansing (negative conditioning to be released)
b) The amount of energy or focus held in the spell, crystal, healing session or therapy that you take
c) Openness and trust in recieving this healing, knowing that you are indeed manifesting the change you seek
If you are blocked and keep thinking – “Will it work?”, “When will it work?”, How will it work”, “Let us see if it works…” you are creating hurdles by not truly trusting yourself.
The powers to look into our future (that we are manifesting so far) lie dormant in all of us until we start using them consciously. Meditation and third-eye exercises help develop the ESP or extended sensory perceptions that are used in future gazing. A trance like state is utilized to connect with alternate future or past by astral travel into the past or alternate futures or through clairvoyant vision or intuitive sensations. You need the right psychic training and practice in Divination and Psychic Skills. You also need training in Energy Healing Skills that should comprise use of healing tools and basic spells and then you can graduate to learning advanced healing spells, from incantations to magickal potions, and from talismans to sympathetic magick.
Open your eyes and your mind to knowng who you are – not a mere puppet in the hands of destiny, but the creator of your destiny, and take charge of your life NOW!
A good witch is an expert healer in addition to an expert ‘seer’.
This witch power is withing you NOW, waiting to be unleashed!
You can find the syllabus of the courses Divination, Magick and Psychic Skills and Energy Healing Spells on
What is Wicca:
Wicca is a new wave of Magick spreading all over the world as a modern religion that helps you connect and project your inner powers for the benefit of yourself and the universe.
Wicca is different from ordinary witchcraft and must not be used as
another term for any witch.
Sure Wiccans consider themselves to be at the basic level…witches or
wizards or magickal people, but there are a lot of witches out there
who practice some kinds of magick or witchcraft but who do not qualify
To be a Wiccan is to be part of the religion called Wicca. Wicca is a
modern religion inspired by ancient nature based beliefs and practices
that include magick. It has developed in the 21st century itself.
WITCHCRAFT AND WICCA:
A witch can be any kind of magickal practitioner such as a Reiki witch, a Feng Shui witch, a Candle magic witch, a Shaman witch and so on. Any human with magickal powers is arguably a witch and I must declare that we ALL HAVE magickal powers…its just that not all of USE it. With the rise in global consciousness more and more of us are realizing that we create our reality and this is leading to the popularity of Wicca as a modern religious belief system.
Wicca is a totally specific religious system.
History of Wicca:
Religion is shared or organized spirituality.
The Wiccan religion began as a group based practice of spirituality
when Gerald Gardner wrote rituals and initiated witches into what is
known as Gardenerian Wiccan Tradition. Similarly other traditions came
up over the world to initiate more individuals into various forms of
Wicca. Each Wiccan tradition is based on their own unique ways of
practicing the Wiccan faith.
About the Burning Times:
About the notorious practice of witch persecutions and the Burning Times, I do not think Wiccans were burnt at all (the religion of Wicca is
more modern in timeline while the burning time was medieval. The
classical period of witchhunts in Europe falls into the Early Modern
period or about 1480 to 1700 while Wiccan religion is coming up in the 21st century itself). Alleged witches are said to have been burnt
….though it may have included random people who were believed by the inquisitors to have used magickal powers were punished. Wicca is popular at a fabulous period of human evolution, where we are all accepting that we have free will and can affect our future with harm to none and for the best interest of all concerned. There is no longer a fear of our own inner
self. We have begun to love and accept the witch we all are.
You can be a Solitary Witch…but can you be a Solitary Wiccan? There is confusion or doubt about whether you can still be called a
Wiccan if you are not a member of any tradition. In the absence of awareness or access to a Wiccan tradition that resonates with them, some people do fashion themselves as ‘Solitary Wiccans’ inspired by the writings of authors such as Scott Cunningham and may not be initiates of any tradition though they pick up knowledge from here and there and this
is what was happening so far in India.
Being a part of a coherent tradition helps you gain clarity and focus on as your spiritual path and the Global Wicca Tradition headquartered in Mumbai helps you in this with free membership to anyone who wishes to follow the Wiccan faith as well as official initiations for Qualified Wiccan healers on offer.
Wiccan Traditions can have one of more temples of Wicca and the Global
Wicca Tradition has started a few temples such as the Online Temple which is free for public (for Online Rituals), Earth Healing Temple (for rituals held in physical location) and a Children’s Temple of Wicca too has just begun. Members who choose to study and learn Wicca need to pass from one to three degrees of Wicca and can choose to be initiated as a priest or priestess of the Tradition (addressed as Clergy) enabling them to take up Wicca as a career offering ritual services to the public with support and backing of our tradition.
The Global Wicca Tradition (www.globalwicca.com) is newly launched and is the first of its kind to originate in India. We believe in the scientific basis and practical applications of Magick for the benefit of nature (humans seen as part of nature). Global Wicca incorporates deities, gods, goddesses from all over the Globe from several cultures and religious beliefs into their rituals…. in a Wiccan way, making it suitable for people regardless of religious backgrounds and belief systems. You can study the Global Wicca path online as well as offline – refer to the syllabus given on the website.
The Correllian Tradition headquartered in USA has its own unique philosophy and is a leading organization growing rapidly. I support them as their Clergy member. More on www.correllian.com. Correllian Wicca can be studied through Witchschool International and I am presently in-charge of all their students and mentors in India and also available as mentor on www.witchschool.com
Remember if you are a student of Wicca you may want to study under at least one tradition or another else you may not get a clear understanding and may remain a dabbler as most solitary ‘Wiccans’ remain.
To be initiated into one tradition you may be required to study under their system and being a student of one may not automatically make you eligible to join the rituals, practices and to take up initiation of and into another Wiccan Tradition.
You will find that each tradition is different in ideas, philosophy, leadership, structure, ritual systems and beliefs and you may be a part of one or more tradition if they so allow. In the case that you are associated with more than one tradition, you will have to switch between two differing practices of Wicca as you go from one tradition’s events to another.
Most Wiccan traditions do however share some common beliefs and practices.
Basic Wiccan Beliefs:
- Belief in magick, i.e. we all create our reality and can choose our future consciously.
- Belief in the five elements of nature: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Spirit as the five building blocks of creation aid in magick
- Belief in Deity being both Gods and Goddesses as well as a universal deity that is all encompassing
- Belief in Karma, or Law of Three (All energy you send comes back to you multiple times of three till you learn the lesson). The core code of conduct in Wicca is a simple and rational one: “Do as You Will as Long as You Harm None” – referred to as The Wiccan Rede that protects you from doing harm to others and yourself. (Just following the Wiccan Rede does not make you Wiccan as Wicca includes several philosophies and practices that need to be learned)
The practice of Wicca includes Rituals (ceremonic rites) celebrating
the wheel of nature (Seasonal Sabbats and Esbats), and spells
incorporated within Wiccan Ritual format for various positive purposes
such as abundance, healing, removing negativity and so on. Here
different traditions have their own Ritual and you may follow your
Wiccan Healing as a Professional Service:
Wicca is not just a method or technique. It is a religious belief
system. To be a Wiccan is just like being a Hindu, or Christian and so on…it is a religion. (Media, to whom being a Wiccan comes across as a unique thing, sometimes mentions me as simply as ‘Swati Prakash – a Wiccan’ when truly I am a Wiccan Healer, a leader, an expert)
As a qualified Wiccan Healer, one can surely use the energy and skills for the benefit of the rest of nature.
You can ask our tradition’s Clergy members to perform ritual services for you (for individuals and for groups). These can be performed by a single clergy member or a group of clergy for greater energy.
More about the Global Wicca Tradition here:
Bright Blessings on your Path
Excerpt from the speech on 14April 2010 – Wicca Seminar at National College Conference Hall, Bandra West, Mumbai.
Many of you are already familiar with Wicca: A modern nature based religion of magick.
A Wiccan Tradition is a structure through which more focus is added to your Wiccan practice as a religion/ shared spiritual system.
(Read more on Wicca on www.globalwicca.com and join us now)
A lot of Wiccans especially those who are new into it practice solitary or as loosely gathered groups, often leading to more unfocused energy than an organized tradition or temple can provide. However Wiccan temples and traditions are not always accessible to the public.
Even when these are not everyone prefers to learn in a structured way or to keep the energy chain flowing through an organized tradition. What we need to understand is the difference being a part of a tradition and temple can make to us if we choose to be a part of it. In a tradition there is a specific philosophy, leadership, code of ethics and a shared understanding of what and how we practice as a community of Wiccans.
A tradition can have one or more temple. In a Wiccan temple there are rituals and rites conducted as service often within the initiated priesthood but also sometimes open to public especially on festive occasions such as sabbats and esbats. A temple is a finely run organization with priests and priestesses and headed by a high priest/ess who looks after the functioning of the temple.
As the public is often allowed to be a part of the sacred ceremonies along with initiates a lot of energy is transferred to the member of public who is granted access to the temple. An energy exchange in the form of membership dues or ritual fees is often required to help facilitate the same so that the participant gets maximum benefit of the spiritual service consumed by him or her. Often the fees for such public ritual service is kept to a minimum as compared to a one-to-one and personalized ritual or spell-casting performed by an expert.
If the temple receives adequate donations or has a good source of funding the rituals can be made even more affordable for the masses but as Wicca is a fairly new religion this process may take some time. An energy exchange may be required to keep the temple functioning well, to reward the priesthood who conducts the services and to cover for the ritual supplies as well so that the temple can continue to provide continued service, expand itself and serve the society in a meaningful way.
What is the Earth Healing Temple: A place where magick happens and rituals are held – this place is within our heart as we come together and cast our circle for any temple ritual. This is a Wiccan temple – our prayers are our spells and invocations. We worship the Earth goddess and all facets of divine from all sources across the globe – the Wiccan Way. We call upon the elements of nature and astral entities that are positive in every aspect to help us raise and purify our energies so that we release the negative blocks and bring in more positive situations in our life. We also perform rituals to heal the earth.
I urge you all to also read the blog post on how to join the Earth Healing Temple on the Global Wicca Tradition’s ning network (Join Us) and lend us your support and participation so that we can keep up our good work. With all you support we will be able to unite more and more people and expand our tradition in every direction. Consider joining our tradition’s inner circle to have a more active role to play in it as a priest/ess. Any comments, feedback or discussions are welcome.
Rev. Swati Prakash
Head Priestess – Earth Healing Temple
Founder – Global Wicca Tradition